On: 4/30/2019 12:43:16 PM
Using Stop. Challenge. Choose.
Habits of a healthy mind are the foundation of every decision we make to create optimal wellbeing in our lives. One of the most challenging aspects on our transformation journey is working through discomfort. If we understand how we approach our choices, we are more likely to make healthier decisions instead of slipping back into unhealthy habits in uncomfortable situations. In fact, experiencing discomfort can be necessary for growth.
In order to reprogram our habits when we’re faced with difficult choices, we first have to see the opportunities for making better choices. Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen offers some suggestions in Dr. A’s Habits of a Healthy Mind on becoming more mindful:
- Plan ahead. Prep healthy meals in advance or keep a Fueling handy to account for what you are going to eat before you become too hungry.
- Keep a journal. Reflecting on your day and identifying the healthy choices you did make or could have made will help make you more mindful when these scenarios happen again.
- Work with your Coach. Talking with someone regularly that supports and guides you through your health journey can help you see more opportunities for transforming your health.
Recognizing how our own habits are structured is the next step toward transforming unhealthy habits to healthy habits when faced with a difficult or uncomfortable situation. This practice is easier if you use Stop. Challenge. Choose.®:
- Stop. Take a slow, deep breath to help control your emotions. Recognize that you are triggering an unhealthy habit. Pausing and taking a breath helps to regain control.
- Challenge. Think about why you are responding to the situation the way you are. Remind yourself of your goals and the choices you should be making to reach these goals.
- Choose. Make the healthy choice that gives you a similar reward but is much better for your long term health.
Equipped with healthy mind habits, we can work through our discomfort to achieve Optimal Health and Wellbeing.
Ask me, your OPTAVIA Coach, about other ways to work through discomfort on your journey to Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time™.
Vote 12 Comment 0
On: 4/23/2019 1:15:39 AM
I would like to invite each of you to our Wednesday evening Client support call. Use the information below to log in. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Wednesday Night Call for Clients
***Habits of Health® Webinar - The Habits of Health Webinar is for anyone interested in learning more about our program and how to establish Habits of Health on their journey to Optimal Wellbeing!
8:30 p.m. ET | Hosted by: Amber Smithson
Topic: Change your mindset – change your life! (Each week is a different topic)
After the Habits of Health Webinar... (about 9:00 ET)
***OPTAVIA Trilogy Presentation
Learn more about what OPTAVIA is, and how to successfully transition from a Client to a Coach featuring Transformation Stories.
Vote 14 Comment 0